Wolf Greenfield has a great opportunity to join our Information Technology department as a Help Desk Specialist. This person would work in concert with the entire Information Technology team to provide support and assistance to the firm’s network users. The Help Desk Specialist, in close coordination with the rest of the Help Desk team, will answer the vast majority of questions and solve most of the problems that arise from the firm’s network users and will escalate select issues, as necessary, to other members of the firm’s Information Technology Team. The Help Desk Specialist will maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software on PCs and laptops.
- Takes direction from the Help Desk Manager in determining the apportioning of the ongoing proactive and reactive support workload of the Help Desk function, and in understanding and following firm practices and procedures in providing this support.
- Along with the other Help Desk Specialist, provides primary oversight of the Help Desk during periods in which the Help Desk Manager is working on system builds, rebuilds, and pc rollouts, or any other project-based efforts.
- Create and maintain system user accounts for network and remote access (i.e. network logon accounts, DeskSite accounts, CPI accounts, Remote Access accounts, SonicWall VPN certificates).
- Provide first level support for, and share responsibility for second level support with the Application Support Specialist for questions and issues relating to the MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Visio).
- Provide second level support for, and share first level support with the Application Support Specialist for all other firm-sanctioned Windows-based applications and hardware (i.e. DeskSite, Elite, IPDAS, CPI, eWorkflow).
- Provide basic server administration, and share responsibility with the rest of the firm’s IT Team for updating and maintaining the Active Directory.
- Provide primary support for all other firm systems (i.e. phones, voice mail, and printers).
- Share responsibility for providing after-hours network and systems support with the other Help Desk Specialist, the Help Desk Manager, and System Administrator. This involves handling urgent requests promptly, and monitoring email and voicemail for less urgent, but still important requests received after hours. Escalate after-hours issues, as necessary, to the Help Desk Manager or, if necessary, the Director of IT.
- Assist the Application Support Specialist in identifying areas where additional systems training is needed.
- Direct and/or assist in the recommendation and evaluation of new software and hardware.
- Direct and/or assist in the installation and configuration of new software and hardware
- Provide technical support for the firm’s remote users (i.e. Application Server, SonicWall VPN, home office setups and support for employees in our New York and Florida offices).
- Provide primary troubleshooting assistance for all networked HP printers and home office printers. Provide backup troubleshooting assistance for all Canon multifunction devices and escalate to our Production department when necessary. Work and coordinate with our printer maintenance vendor, when necessary, to help provide that support.
- Configure basic networking and troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Education: any combination of education and experience equivalent to a college diploma inclusive of specific training in the use of computers, software applications, word processing and data base management
- Minimum of two years of help desk experience or demonstrated competency at an equivalent level in computer troubleshooting and support
- Experience working in a Windows environment and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.