Chelsea A. Loughran
Chelsea Loughran assists the firm in the areas of trademark, trade dress, patent, and copyright litigation.
- Lead Associate representing The Jackson Laboratory in patent litigation on transgenic mice. In connection with the Markman hearing, Chelsea provided the Court with a technology tutorial on relevant concepts in immunology, genetics and mouse nomenclature. She then successfully argued claim construction for one of the patents-in-suit, securing Jackson’s requested constructions on key disputed claim terms. Subsequently, in May 2010, Chelsea argued and won Jackson’s summary judgment motion, obtaining a ruling from the Court that Jackson does not infringe the plaintiff’s patent.
- Member of trial team representing Plaintiff Cordance Corporation against Amazon.com in patent infringement suit relating to one-click purchasing technology. Chelsea assisted in drafting summary judgment briefing and in pre-trial preparation including preparation of damages expert witness testimony. She is currently the lead associate handling Cordance’s pending appellate briefing to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Successfully represented six pro bono clients referred from the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association in their unemployment compensation appeals.
Chelsea interned with Wolf Greenfield during law school. Her other co-op internships included a judicial internship for the Honorable Margaret Hinkle and an internship with the Office of General Counsel at Partner’s HealthCare System, where she assisted with drafting IP licensing agreements and developing hospital research conflict of interest policies.
Chelsea was awarded funding by the Northeastern University Alumni Association to do a co-operative internship at the AIDS Law Project in
While completing her Masters at
Association for University Technology Managers (AUTM)
Boston Bar Association
- Member, Volunteer Lawyers’ Project
Boston Patent Law Association
- Co-chair, Pro Bono Committee
Legal Advocacy Resource Center
- 2014 Board of Directors
Massachusetts American Civil Liberties Union
Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association
Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Project
Chelsea has been awarded the Volunteer Attorney Award Winner for Winter, 2013 by the Women’s Bar Foundation’s Family Law Project.
Chelsea has been named an “Up and Coming Lawyer” for 2013 by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. She is also named one of Massachusetts Super Lawyers’ top 100 Women Attorneys.
Chelsea was a contributing researcher for the Public Health Advocacy Institute’s publication, A Guide for Plaintiffs’ Attorneys: Using Findings and Resources from USA v. Philip Morris USA Inc., et al. in Future Claims Against Big Tobacco.
Brown University, B.S., Biology
Tufts University School of Medicine, M.P.H.
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.