Gerald B. Hrycyszyn
Jerry Hrycyszyn litigates a wide variety of intellectual property cases, ranging from the semiconductor and electronics industries to the beverage industry.
He has litigated cases in Delaware, Texas, California, Massachusetts, and before the International Trade Commission and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represented Keurig, Incorporated in numerous patent infringement cases in the beverage industry.
- Secured dismissal of patent infringement suit brought by CopyTele, Inc. against our client E Ink (the world’s largest supplier of electronic paper displays) based on lack of standing.
- Successfully defended MStar Semiconductor at the International Trade Commission in consolidated Investigation No. 741/749 brought by Thomson Licensing. In June 2012, the Commission found no infringement of the asserted patents by MStar scaler chips or LCD products, made by MStar’s customers, that incorporate those chips. Thomson Licensing had sought to exclude from importation a large percentage of the LCD products sold in the United States.
- Represented a Taiwanese LCD glass manufacturer in defending a trade secret misappropriation allegation.
- Represented multinational corporation in asserting patent infringement case against multiple defendants.
- Represented major university in asserting telecommunications patent infringement case.
- Defended electronic gaming provider accused of trademark infringement and misappropriation of persona, resulting in a favorable settlement.
Prior to joining Wolf Greenfield, Jerry practiced at Shore Chan Bragalone LLP, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, and Jenkens and Gilchrist P.C. in Dallas, Texas.
Before receiving his law degree, Jerry was an officer in the U.S. Navy assigned to Naval Reactors, where he directed materials research and development.
American Bar Association
Jerry has been named one of the Massachusetts Super Lawyers' "Rising Stars" in the field of intellectual property litigation.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., Materials Engineering
Bettis Reactor Engineering School, Nuclear Engineering, Graduate Certificate
Stanford University, M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering
Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit