This position will assist with the Accounts Receivables functions within the Finance Department. The Accounts Specialist will also assist the Finance department in preparation of large and widely distributed reports.
- Providing and responding to Audit Requests for financials and providing follow up for related litigation matters.
- Handling accounts less than $10k for all Practice Groups and providing Account Receivable statements to clients.
- Inputting daily wires. Depositing, scanning, and posting checks received via postal mail or interoffice mail.
- Connecting with vendors and accepting invitation to initiate payment through Bill.com
- Tracking E-billed invoices via the EHub portal and other related sites to check their payment status.
- Connecting with the responsible biller regarding underpayments on invoices on assigned accounts.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and updating the Daily Reconciliation spreadsheet including posting any wires that may have been received previously.
- Reconciling the Credit Card spreadsheet monthly for associated fees.
- Receiving and inputting credit card payments to Merchant/SlimCD that are received via email or phone.
- Providing copies of invoices or statements to billing attorney’s or clients when asked
- Converting clients to submit payment via ACH/Wire transfers.
- Provides hands on support related to other A/R tasks. Responsibilities may include but not limited to completing ACH enrollment forms, providing credit card forms, providing W9’s or wire instructions to clients or Billing Attorneys.
- Works on projects and tasks related to other Finance areas as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years of work experience in the field of Accounts Receivable, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Previous experience in a law firm preferred.
- Highly proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel as well as basic computer and database management skills. Elite Accounting system experience a plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate work flow and project updates.
- Strong time management, prioritization, problem-solving, and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different levels of constituencies
- Flexibility and capacity to respond calmly, efficiently, and effectively in stressful situations.
- Punctual and reliable and able to meet set deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of matters and other firm business information.
To apply for this opening, please click here.
Physical Demands: The firm will strive to provide reasonable accommodations, as requested, to enable an employee with a disability to successfully perform this position in our office setting. Frequent communication is an essential aspect of this position and employees must be able to exchange timely and accurate information in a variety of situations. This position may also encompass maintaining a stationary position for long periods of time (at least up to 50% of the workday) with occasional movement, as well as lifting and/or moving objects that weigh up to 25 pounds. Other essential functions may apply and employees working remotely have the same or similar requirements.
Work Environment: The office work environment of the firm is characteristic of the environment the job holder will encounter. In this typical office setting, an employee will encounter standard office equipment and any noise associated with that equipment. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. The office setting of Wolf Greenfield requires the ability to manage multiple work priorities along with frequent interruptions.