The Application Support Specialist will work with the entire Information Technology team to provide support, training and assistance to all Firm employees. This position must be able to identify trends in user practices and recommend training/new policies to cope with changing technologies and the challenges they pose.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of the firm’s existing and new applications and technology and provides Subject Matter Expertise knowledge to assist end users.
- Provides general end user support for all levels of organization both individually and in groups.
- Resolves complex technology related issues and is able to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of problems and offer logical solutions. May provide hands on support for both hardware and software solutions.
- Works with the Help Desk to provide primary support for non-IP-based business productivity applications such as the MS Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Develops and delivers learning/training opportunities to support existing and new technologies. Conducts new hire orientation encompassing the review of firm wide technologies.
- Creates and maintains online documentation and tutorials as needed.
- Documents processes, policies and procedures as needed.
- Tests, configures, and provides support for hardware and software.
- Participates in projects and provides technical support and/or training for technical product upgrades and/or deployments.
- Actively stays current with new technologies.
- Serves in a back-up role to the Help Desk Specialist(s) to fill in and assists with other Help Desk functions, as needed.
- Provides after-hours Help Desk coverage by participating in the weekly after-hours coverage rotation.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of experience with technical content training development and delivery with multiple delivery methods including instructor-led, web-based, and e-learning.
- 2+ years of experience with IT End User Support.
- Experience in technology skill development desired.
- Microsoft certification strongly preferred.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Access). Propensity and willing to learn other software as needed.
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment. Experience and creativity in troubleshooting software application problems.
- Prior experience in a law firm or professional service firm strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with peers and Senior Management when required.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively, build cooperative relationships and encourage participation without detailed supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills and a willingness to take on additional projects and work.
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor.
To apply for this opening, please click here.