The Billing Coordinator is responsible for the preparation and processing of the billing for professional services at the firm. This person will also maintain and report on billing records. This role will bring a high degree of accuracy and quality to their work.
- Able to independently manage a variety of assigned accounts and dockets
- Responsible for the distribution of all preliminary billing and related accounting reports
- Take lead in the review and editing of bills and letters as instructed, with appropriate attorneys. Coordinate with attorneys to revise invoices based on client requests and concerns
- Facilitate the submittal of write offs for approval when warranted
- Coordinate the application of client funds appropriately
- Responsible for the processing of final invoices
- Coordinate the submittal of electronic invoices through third-party vendors and diligently reviews the status of invoices submitted electronically. Proactively monitors clients/matters for new timekeepers and matters for proper system setup and effectively maintains client and matter records.
- Consistently documents client related procedures and requirements to ensure consistent work product and easy knowledge transfer in a team environment
- Provide high quality billing reports to clients/attorneys as needed or requested in a timely
- Research and document updates to client billing guidelines as needed for new and existing clients
- Communicate as needed with clients and/or their accounting personnel
- Ability to work closely with billing attorney’s and their IP Admins
- Perform other related accounting tasks as assigned
- Bachelors Degree, plus at least 2 year of general accounting experience
- Preferred are experience with professional services, electronic billing and third party billing
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and Elite
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines along with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service to internal and external clients
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
To apply for this opening, please click here.