The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing business development strategies based on the firm’s strategic objectives in collaboration with Senior Leadership within the Business Development and Marketing department.
- Provide support and guidance to firm management in the development and review of the firm’s strategic goals.
- Identify areas for expanded services offerings to existing clients and create follow-on activities to demonstrate thought leadership and highlight firm expertise
- Establish ways to collect, store and utilize information on clients, prospects, referral sources, alumni and competitors in an effort to identify and exploit market trends.
- Provide advice and guidance to firm management/Practice Group Leaders in the development and review of strategic business development objectives and prepare plans/budgets
- Qualify and analyze high-level market intelligence in an effort to identify new business opportunities.
- Manage event logistics and follow-up business development activities for firm events.
- Collaborate with attorneys on pitches/responses to RFPs for prospective clients.
- Create individual attorney/technology specialist and practice group business development plans through regular meetings with individuals and practice groups. Maintain contact, conduct, and monitor appropriate follow-up efforts, and coach attorneys and pitch teams.
- Collaborate with attorneys & practice groups on strategies for enhancing relationships with important existing clients and developing/implementing cross-selling opportunities.
- Identify business development training needs and create/implement appropriate training for attorneys.
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with professional organizations, industry associations, and educational institutions to identify leadership and partnering opportunities and sources of new business/referrals.
- Position supervises Business Development and Marketing Assistant as well as the Business Development and Marketing Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing or Communications preferred; advanced degree a plus)and a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading business development efforts in a professional services environment, law firm experience preferred.
- Proven track record of creating successful business development opportunities.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated strategist, capable of being decisive while demonstrating good judgment and business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in creating targeted business development marketing materials, including successful RFP/pitch packages.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to set and manage priorities, plan, implement, follow-through and evaluate.
- Ability to synthesize relevant information needed for high-level and business development decision-making.
- Solid leadership and coaching skills; able to work with all levels of personnel and in small team environment.
- Confident networker skilled at developing/maintaining relationships with outside business leaders, vendors, contacts, and referral sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy level, with ability to be both flexible and adaptable due to workload peaks and extended workday hours.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) CRMs, databases, and business intelligence/knowledge management tools required.
To apply for this opening, please click here.