The Diversity & Inclusion Manager will lead the execution of the firm’s diversity and inclusion strategy. This role will be responsible for maintaining ongoing programs and the initiation of new programs to reinforce an inclusive culture and build a work force that is diverse. In a firm-wide capacity, this role will promote awareness of diversity and inclusion issues both internally, to attorneys and administrative staff, and externally. The role of the Diversity & Inclusion Manager will collaborate closely with the executive team and other committees and senior management members to ensure alignment with business practices and the D&I strategic plan.
- Leads all diversity and inclusion efforts for both lawyers and staff. This includes strategic planning and implementation, establishing best practices across the firm, the development and implementation of programs and events.
- Serves as an advisor to firm management in the areas of diversity and inclusion and periodically interacts with the Executive Committee, other pertinent committees, or other senior leaders.
- Works closely with the Executive Committee as well as the Strategic Planning Committee to coordinate and integrate D&I into the firm’s on-going business development and strategic planning processes.
- Works with existing talent management teams to create programs that are designed to attract, promote and retain diverse talent.
- Reviews internal operational policies and procedures to identify areas that need improvement in alignment with D&I efforts. Works closely with departments to implement change.
- Influences progress through the implementation and coordination of internal training and educational programs for both attorneys and administrative staff.
- Coordinates community outreach programs designed to enhance the D&I firm opportunities (Scholarship/Internship Program, Mentoring Program).
- Coordinates and oversees all efforts related to firm Attorney Affinity Groups and manages the creation of the firm culture committee for staff.
- Works closely with the Business Development & Marketing Department to coordinate client-facing diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives that support the firm’s client outreach, business development and alumni outreach efforts.
- Maintains all diversity related data and upon request shares pertinent information for RFP’s, surveys or other business reasons. Establishes and maintains all statistical data relating to diversity and tracks all year over year data.
- Attends related conferences, meetings and other external programs to learn about new best practices within the D&I field, and proposes and implements continuous improvements to firm D&I initiatives.
- With extensive experience, ensures compliance with applicable federal / state laws, policies, and procedures (e.g. Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or related field with a minimum of 5 years of management experience in the diversity field. Previous legal experience a plus.
- Extensive experience planning, designing and delivering programs, events, and implementing best practices related to diversity and inclusion issues in a complex, consensus-driven environment.
- Ability to counsel attorneys, staff, and management, demonstrating confidentiality, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity and inclusion best practices in professional services environments.
- A strong presence that instills confidence and understanding of key issues in the diversity and inclusion legal community.
- The interpersonal skills to build lasting relationships and drive consensus; evidenced ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, attorneys.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong technical skills with all MS Office Suite products and the ability to analyze and report on data.
To apply for this opening, please click here.
Physical Demands: The firm will strive to provide reasonable accommodations, as requested, to enable an employee with a disability to successfully perform this position in our office setting. Frequent communication is an essential aspect of this position and employees must be able to exchange timely and accurate information in a variety of situations. This position may also encompass maintaining a stationary position for long periods of time (at least up to 50% of the workday) with occasional movement, as well as lifting and/or moving objects that weigh up to 25 pounds. Other essential functions may apply and employees working remotely have the same or similar requirements.
Work Environment: The office work environment of the firm is characteristic of the environment the job holder will encounter. In this typical office setting, an employee will encounter standard office equipment and any noise associated with that equipment. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. The office setting of Wolf Greenfield requires the ability to manage multiple work priorities along with frequent interruptions.