This position will work in conjunction with the entire Information Technology team to provide support and assistance to the firm’s network users. The Help Desk Specialist, in close coordination with the rest of the Help Desk team, will answer the vast majority of questions and solve most of the problems that arise from the firm’s network users and will escalate select issues, as necessary, to other members of the firm’s Information Technology Team. The Help Desk Specialist will maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software on PCs and laptops.
- Take direction from the Senior Manager of Information Technology Support in determining the apportioning of the ongoing proactive and reactive support workload of the Help Desk function, and in understanding and following firm practices and procedures in providing this support.
- Help provide primary oversight of the Help Desk during periods in which the Senior Manager of Information Technology Support is working on system builds, rebuilds, and pc rollouts, or any other project-based efforts.
- Create and maintain system user accounts for network and remote access (i.e. network logon accounts, DeskSite accounts, CPI accounts, Remote Access accounts, SonicWall VPN certificates).
- Provide first level support for, and share responsibility for second level support with the Application Developer for questions and issues relating to the MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Visio).
- Provide second level support for, and share first level support with the Application Developer for all other firm-sanctioned Windows-based applications and hardware (i.e. DeskSite, Elite, IPDAS, CPI, eWorkflow).
- Provide basic server administration, and share responsibility with the rest of the firm’s IT Team for updating and maintaining the Active Directory.
- Provide primary support for all other firm systems (i.e. phones, voice mail, and printers).
- Share responsibility for providing after-hours on-call network and systems support.
- Direct and/or assist in the recommendation and evaluation of new software and hardware.
- Direct and/or assist in the installation and configuration of new software and hardware.
- Provide technical support for the firm’s remote users (i.e. Application Server, SonicWall VPN, home office setups and support for employees in our New York and Florida offices).
- Provide primary troubleshooting assistance for all networked HP printers and home office printers. Provide backup troubleshooting assistance for all Canon multifunction devices and escalate to our Production department when necessary. Work and coordinate with our printer maintenance vendor, when necessary, to help provide that support.
- Configure basic networking and troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- This position will assist with a variety of other department related projects as requested.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three years of help desk experience or demonstrated competency at an equivalent level in computer troubleshooting and support
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio). Propensity to learn other software as needed.
- Experience working in a Windows environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply for this opening, please click here.