The IP Data and Compliance Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting with the maintenance of vital client and case information stored in the firm’s IP docket and document generation systems, including but not limited to the review of new matter requests and updates to same, to verify compliance with firm policies, procedures, and practices. The Specialist performs a high level of quality assurance to ensure data integrity of two of the firm’s primary databases, CPi and IPDAS, and coordinates the export of data from the firm’s docket system to other firm systems (IPDAS, Elite, DeskSite, etc.) that rely upon this data. In addition, the Specialist processes recorded patent and trademark assignments and provides administrative support to facilitate the file intake process.
- Monitors centrally managed department mailboxes and dashboards for daily work assignments.
- Reviews and processes most eWorkflow requests to open new and update matter patent, trademark, and general matter records.
- Reviews and processes a variety of request types for client, inventor, and contact records.
- Adheres to established workflow policies and targeted completion times.
- Assists with opening shell records to facilitate the file intake process as assigned by the team coordinator.
- Reviews and processes patent and trademark assignment recordation details in firm systems.
- Adheres to quality assurance protocols for data integrity in accordance with firm and department guidelines.
- Exports new and updated data from docket system to other firm systems for firm-wide availability.
- Promotes the database integrity by identifying data discrepancies that require further review.
- Collaborates with team and other departments on special projects as assigned.
- Reviews and dockets new application deadlines per request during new matter creation process.
- Directs external and internal inquiries and concerns to team coordinator to review and address.
- Performs additional duties as requested or assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the field of IP.
- Highly proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel as well as basic computer and database management skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate workflow and project updates.
- Strong time management, prioritization, problem-solving, and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with difference levels of constituencies.
- Flexibility and capacity to respond calmly, efficiently, and effectively in stressful situations.
- Punctual and reliable and able to meet set deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of matters and other firm business information.
Location: Boston, MA
The expected salary range for this position is $63,000 - $78,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Wolf Greenfield offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this opening, please click here.
Physical Demands: The firm will strive to provide reasonable accommodations, as requested, to enable an employee with a disability to successfully perform this position in our office setting. Frequent communication is an essential aspect of this position and employees must be able to exchange timely and accurate information in a variety of situations. This position may also encompass maintaining a stationary position for long periods of time (at least up to 50% of the workday) with occasional movement, as well as lifting and/or moving objects that weigh up to 25 pounds. Other essential functions may apply and employees working remotely have the same or similar requirements.
Work Environment: The office work environment of the firm is characteristic of the environment the job holder will encounter. In this typical office setting, an employee will encounter standard office equipment and any noise associated with that equipment. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. The office setting of Wolf Greenfield requires the ability to manage multiple work priorities along with frequent interruptions.