The Professional Development Manager (PD Manager) reports to the Senior Director of Legal Recruiting and Professional Development (LRPD) and actively supports the Practice Group Leaders in their efforts to develop and retain exceptional legal talent.
- Manages work allocation for all levels of associates and technology specialists, taking into account individual bandwidth and areas of interest, as well as client and developmental needs, as identified by Practice Group Leaders
- Works closely with key leaders to effectively run the formal and informal evaluation processes throughout the year to facilitate frequent and constructive feedback
- Communicates regularly with other members of the LRPD team to align individual and practice group needs with firm-wide training, mentoring, onboarding, and recruiting initiatives
- Works to ensure associate and technology specialist benchmarks and core competencies are aligned with our practices and client needs
- In conjunction with Practice Group Training Committees, manages and, if appropriate, delivers group-specific components of new hire orientation for legal personnel
- Consults with Human Resources on personnel matters affecting the Practice Group
- Strong business acumen including the ability to apply sound creative thinking as well as the use of discretion and appropriate judgment depending on situation
- Bachelor’s Degree required and Juris Doctor preferred
- Degree in science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of related legal experience, preferably in intellectual property, either in practice or in a management capacity within a legal or partnership setting
- Ability to build trusting work relationships with all levels of firm in a way that influences change and process advancement
- Prior leadership experience along with the ability to professionally drive key processes and projects to a successful end point
- Expertise using MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong knowledge of viDesktop or other relatable performance management systems
To apply for this opening, please click here.