The Senior Human Resources Manager partners with the Director of Human Resources as it relates to the development, implementation and improvement of the HR strategy and services to the firm. This role will directly oversee all benefit related programs, compliance and the HRIS system.
- Partners with the Director of Human Resources to implement and support firm policies, practices and procedures to ensure compliance, employee retention and the highest degree of professional support to firm employees and leadership possible.
- Manages firm health & welfare benefit plans, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance and all other benefits offered by the firm. Informs and educates employees of benefits through communications, trainings or in person meetings.
- Responsible for all human resources related compliance changes for federal, state and local legal requirements, advises on actions and implements necessary policy or procedure changes. Ensures all benefit related record keeping is up to date and compliant.
- Manages all benefit programs and offers recommended changes and additional programs by staying on top of industry trends. Provides cost analysis for recommended changes and tracks benefit usage costs year over year for firm.
- Manages all aspects of benefit renewal and open enrollment process.
- Manages all benefit vendor relationships, particularly with the broker. Oversees all vendor contract renewals or amendments.
- Manages all firm leave of absence programs including parental, STD, LTD, Workers Compensation.
- Works closely with the Director to administer the 401(k) plan. Manages the 401(k) audit process and participates in monthly team calls with vendor. Works with Finance Department regarding the administration of the profit sharing portion of the plan.
- Defines any management or staff training needs related to compliance, benefits, 401(k) and coordinates internal training or the facilitation of outside training resources.
- Works closely with Payroll Manager as it relates to processes/procedures to ensure proper information sharing between human resources and the payroll function. May be asked to review payroll prior to processing.
- Collaborates with other department members on human resources related event planning (staff appreciation day, benefits fair, winter raffle).
- Oversees the benefit costs and forecasting in human resources department budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or related field with a minimum of 8 years of progressive HR experience in professional services.
- Extensive experience managing and administering existing and new health and welfare programs.
- Ability to counsel attorneys, staff, and management, demonstrating confidentiality, tact, and resourcefulness.
- A strong presence that instills confidence and understanding of key topics related to all areas Human Resources.
- The interpersonal skills to build lasting relationships and drive consensus; evidenced ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, attorneys.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Expert technical skills with all MS Office Suite products, especially Excel and the ability to analyze and report on data.
To apply for this position, please click here.
Physical Demands: The firm will strive to provide reasonable accommodations, as requested, to enable an employee with a disability to successfully perform this position in our office setting. Frequent communication is an essential aspect of this position and employees must be able to exchange timely and accurate information in a variety of situations. This position may also encompass maintaining a stationary position for long periods of time (at least up to 50% of the workday) with occasional movement, as well as lifting and/or moving objects that weigh up to 25 pounds. Other essential functions may apply and employees working remotely have the same or similar requirements.
Work Environment: The office work environment of the firm is characteristic of the environment the job holder will encounter. In this typical office setting, an employee will encounter standard office equipment and any noise associated with that equipment. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. The office setting of Wolf Greenfield requires the ability to manage multiple work priorities along with frequent interruptions.