The Staff Accountant will have primary responsibility in the General Ledger and Trust functions.
- Prepares the reconciliation of multiple bank accounts and general ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciles the Main Operating account daily and coordinates with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable team members to resolve reconciling items timely.
- Processes and reconciles all trust transactions, including transfers of funds between bank accounts, refunds to clients, etc.
- Performs activities related to month and year end balancing and closing.
- Records journal entries to general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and as needed.
- Prepares and processes various tax and corporate filings, along with supporting documentation and payments, including but not limited to, annual sales and use tax return, property tax returns, NY commercial rent returns, quarterly/annual tax estimates, abandoned property filing, etc.
- Reviews invoices for sales and use tax compliance, expense vs. capitalization and accurate general ledger coding.
- Processes PTO deposit account charges to clients, replenishes funds as needed and reconciles account.
- Is an integral contributor to successful implementation of new accounting system (scheduled for April 2023).
- Provides support to the Accounts Payable team as needed. This may include, but may not be limited to, recording vouchers in the accounting system, processing check/wire payments, monitoring stale checks and necessary follow-up including issuing new checks, reviewing vendor statements, etc.
- Assists in preparation of supporting documents for annual audit and tax return.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Outlines and implements new procedures as needed. Performs special projects and additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar function and minimum of two years of work experience in the field of accounting, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Law firm experience with Aderant accounting system highly preferable.
- Highly proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel as well as basic computer, accounting software and database management skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, problem-solving, and organizational skills, along with the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of matters and other firm business information.
Location: Boston, MA
The expected salary range for this position is $60,950 - $79,050 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Wolf Greenfield offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this opening, please click here.
Physical Demands: The firm will strive to provide reasonable accommodations, as requested, to enable an employee with a disability to successfully perform this position in our office setting. Frequent communication is an essential aspect of this position and employees must be able to exchange timely and accurate information in a variety of situations. This position may also encompass maintaining a stationary position for long periods of time (at least up to 50% of the workday) with occasional movement, as well as lifting and/or moving objects that weigh up to 25 pounds. Other essential functions may apply and employees working remotely have the same or similar requirements.
Work Environment: The office work environment of the firm is characteristic of the environment the job holder will encounter. In this typical office setting, an employee will encounter standard office equipment and any noise associated with that equipment. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. The office setting of Wolf Greenfield requires the ability to manage multiple work priorities along with frequent interruptions.