The Staff Accountant will have primary responsibility within the accounts payable functions and reconciliations as it related to the general ledger and bank accounts.
- Invoice vendors and clients for expenses as per terms of engagement agreements and ensure accuracy of all invoices (including coding)
- Support the reconciliation of multiple bank accounts and general ledger balance sheet accounts
- Process trust transactions
- Prepare and maintain the tax schedules for annual sales and use tax return
- Manage and process the incoming and outgoing wire transactions
- Prepare and issue manual checks for payment to various vendors, clients, etc.
- Review multiple Accounts Payable vouchers for; sales and use tax compliance, expense vs. capitalization and accurate general ledger coding
- Process and review all employee expense reimbursement reports for all staff
- Perform activities related to monthly and year end balancing and closing
- Process refundable overpayments to clients
- Monitor stale checks
- Perform special Excel projects
- Assist with tasks and projects as requested
- 3 or more years serving in an Accounting role in a professional services setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar
- Experience with Elite Enterprise along with strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while meeting deadlines
- Must be able to work alone and handle changing priorities.
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service in responding to the information needs of all levels of the organization