Under the direction of the Manager of Network Systems, the System Administrator will assist in maintaining the Firm’s systems and network operations. These responsibilities include but are not limited to; the daily maintenance of our server systems, backup systems, network monitoring and management, back office applications, remote access systems, disaster recovery, and general network administration and support. Activities also include the physical networking devices, routers, switches, and VPN devices, the Network Operation Systems and Directory Structure. Additionally, this person will work alongside the Help Desk team to provide technical support and oversight of the firm’s Desktop Environment. We are seeking someone who likes working in Information Technology, who already has developed skills and continually wants to learn more.
- Assume primary responsibility for overall Windows Server administration, including patch management and after-hours maintenance, as necessary
- Maintain the integrity, security, stability, and performance of the firm’s remote and home office environments. This responsibility will involve local (at times frequent) travel in the greater Boston area, as well as periodic travel to our offices in NY City and Florida.
- Assist the Manager of Network Systems and Director of IT in maintaining the Security & Integrity of the Firm’s Desktop and Network systems.
- Provide oversight of the firm’s backup & data protection infrastructure.
- Alongside the Firm’s Help Desk Manager, provide administrative oversight of desktop and server environment monitoring systems (e.g., Dark Trace, Arctic Wolf, GFI LANGuard, Websense).
- Provide Off-hour ‘On-Call’ Support via paging as part of small team rotation.
- Document the existing Network and System Functions.
- Five plus (5+) years' technical experience, building and supporting Windows Server operating systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information System or related Major preferred.
- Microsoft Certifications Preferred.
- 5+ years Windows Client OS & Windows Server administration.
- 3+ years Active Directory & Group Policy Administration experience.
- 3+ years Network Administration.
- Familiarity with MS Exchange administration.
- Familiarity with VMware ESXi and vSphere Administration.
- Familiarity with basic operation and configuration of Switches/Routers/Firewalls.
- Familiarity with Terminal Services administration.
- iManage, Document Management Systems experience preferred.
- Sonicwall Firewall/VPN devices & Extreme Switching experience desired.
To apply for this opening, please click here.