Our Chemical & Materials Technology Group
The group provides a full range of IP services including patent preparation and prosecution, opinions and studies related to infringement and patentability, licensing, IP due diligence, interferences, oppositions, litigation, trademarks, and strategic counseling. To provide our clients with support on IP issues internationally, we also maintain close working relationships with associates around the world.
We are seeking a patent prosecution associate with 3-5 years of patent prosecution experience. New York is the preferred office location. Responsibilities include:
- Works closely with clients and inventors at all stages of the patent process
- Prepares, files, and prosecutes patent applications in the United States and abroad
- Conducts freedom-to-operate and patentability analysis
- Assists in other responsibilities or projects, as requested, or needed
- An advanced degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related field of study
- Graduated with a JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- Admitted to or eligible for admission in Massachusetts or New York
- Admitted to the USPTO
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
The expected salary range for this position is $240,000 - $310,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position is eligible for an annual hours-based bonus.
To apply for this opening, please click here.