Our Biotechnology Group
When it comes to advanced scientific degrees, we field the largest biotechnology group in New England. We aggressively recruit attorneys and technology specialists who develop advanced technology, and who speak the language of inventors and scientists, quickly grasping complex biotechnology matters in a wide spectrum of contexts—including prosecution, post-grant proceedings and litigation, as well as corporate transactions and due diligence. Our clients benefit in the form of efficient and effective intellectual property services.
We are seeking a Technology Specialist or Patent Agent with a Ph.D. in the biological sciences to join our Biotechnology group. Boston, New York and Washington, DC are the preferred office locations. Responsibilities include:
- Reviews technical disclosures and participate in client interviews to understand new inventions
- Searches literature and patent databases to determine the patentability of inventions
- Drafts written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection
- Prepares patent applications
- Prepares responses to communications from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Develops arguments for patentability to Patent Office Examiners
- Reviews patents as part of the IP due diligence for a potential acquisition or merger
- An advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, or a related field of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
- Sound judgment, maturity, and an inquisitive nature
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with business leaders, attorneys, scientist, engineers, inventors, and patent examiners
- A strong work ethic paired with the ability to juggle multiple job responsibilities
The expected salary range for this position is $120,00 - $145,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position is eligible for an annual hours-based bonus.
Wolf Greenfield offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this opening, please click here.