Our Mechanical Technologies Group
The group provides a full range of IP services including: patent preparation and prosecution, opinions and studies related to infringement and patentability, licensing, IP due diligence, interferences, oppositions, litigation, trademarks, and strategic counseling. In order to provide our clients with support on IP issues internationally, we also maintain close working relationships with associates around the world.
We are seeking a Technology Specialist or Patent Agent with an advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering to join our Mechanical Technologies group. Boston, New York and Washington, DC are the preferred office locations. Responsibilities include:
- Reviews technical disclosures and participate in client interviews to understand new inventions
- Searches literature and patent databases to determine the patentability of inventions
- Drafts written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection
- Prepares patent applications
- Prepares responses to communications from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Develops arguments for patentability to Patent Office Examiners
- Reviews patents as part of the IP due diligence for a potential acquisition or merger
- An advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
- Sound judgment, maturity, and an inquisitive nature
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with business leaders, attorneys, scientist, engineers, inventors, and patent examiners
- A strong work ethic paired with the ability to juggle multiple job responsibilities
The expected salary range for this position is $145,00 - $152,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position is eligible for an annual hours-based bonus.
Wolf Greenfield offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this opening, please click here.