Our Pharmaceutical Group
From first-hand experience, members of our Pharmaceutical Group understand the importance of patents, trademarks and trade secrets to pharmaceutical companies. Group members have conducted research at and represented pharmaceutical giants and startups alike. This means we understand the interaction of patents with a range of FDA issues such as patent term extensions, non-patent exclusivities, Orange Book listing requirements, Hatch-Waxman issues and ANDA (Abbreviated New Drug Application) litigation.
We are seeking a Technology Specialist or Patent Agent with a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or a related field to join our Pharmaceutical group. Boston, New York and Washington, DC are the preferred office locations. Responsibilities include:
- Reviews technical disclosures and participate in client interviews to understand new inventions
- Searches literature and patent databases to determine the patentability of inventions
- Drafts written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection
- Prepares patent applications
- Prepares responses to communications from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Develops arguments for patentability to Patent Office Examiners
- Reviews patents as part of the IP due diligence for a potential acquisition or merger
- An advanced degree in Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in team settings
- Sound judgment, maturity, and an inquisitive nature
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with business leaders, attorneys, scientist, engineers, inventors, and patent examiners
- A strong work ethic paired with the ability to juggle multiple job responsibilities
The expected salary range for this position is $140,00 - $180,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position is eligible for an annual hours-based bonus.
Wolf Greenfield offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this opening, please click here.