Best Lawyers in America: Thirty-three Wolf Greenfield attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022. Members of every practice group at the firm were represented. Twenty-two were named Best Lawyers and eleven were named Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Click here to view the full list.
Boston Business Journal's Largest IP Law Firms: Wolf Greenfield is the largest intellectual property law firm in Massachusetts, according to the Boston Business Journal''s 2021 list of The Largest IP Law Firms in Massachusetts. Click here for more information.
Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000: In 2021, the firm was ranked nationally for prosecution. Richard F. Giunta, co-chair of the firm's Post-Grant Proceedings Practice, was recognized nationally. In addition, the firm was ranked in all three categories—litigation, prosecution and transactions—in Massachusetts. Eleven Wolf Greenfield attorneys were recognized individually, including Michael A. Albert, Neil P. Ferraro, Edward R. Gates, Richard F. Giunta, Jason M. Honeyman, Jeffrey D. Hsi, Timothy J. Oyer, Randy J. Pritzker, Edward J. Russavage, Robert N. Sahr, and Patrick R.H. Waller. Click here for more information.
World Trademark Review (WTR) 1000: Wolf Greenfield was ranked as one of only two law firms in the gold category in Massachusetts and attorneys received national individual recognition in the World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals 2021, the standalone publication to recommend individual practitioners and their firms exclusively in the trademark field. The firm has been included in the WTR 1000 each year since the list’s inception 11 years ago. In addition, Douglas R. Wolf and John L. Welch were honored for individual achievement both nationally and in Massachusetts. Christina M. Licursi was honored for individual achievement in Massachusetts. Click here for more information.
- In 2021, the firm was ranked nationally for Patent Prosecution, Life Sciences IP and PTAB Litigation. In addition, the firm was ranked in all three categories—patent contentious, patent prosecution and trademark—in Massachusetts. Six Wolf Greenfield attorneys, C. Hunter Baker, Edward G. Gates, Richard F. Giunta, Elisabeth H. Hunt, Helen C. Lockhart and Patrick R.H. Waller, were recognized individually as IP STARS in Massachusetts and one Wolf Greenfield attorney, Douglas R. Wolf, was recognized individually as an IP STAR in New York. Click here for more information.
- Richard F. Giunta has been recognized as the PTAB Practitioner of the Year in the 2021 Managing IP Awards. Click here for more information.
- Managing IP named Wolf Greenfield the 11th most active law firm in representing petitioners before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) in 2020 and the 25th most active firm overall (representing petitioners and patent owners). Shareholders Richard F. Giunta and Nathan R. Speed were both ranked among the top 20 most active attorneys in the nation when representing petitioners. Click here for more information.
LMG Life Sciences: The firm received the top ranking of “highly recommended” for both patent prosecution and patent strategy and management in the 2020 edition of LMG Life Sciences. Along with the firm rankings, seven attorneys were named "Life Science Stars" for 2020: C. Hunter Baker, Edward R. Gates, Helen C. Lockhart, Timothy J. Oyer, Maryanne Trevisan, Michael J. Twomey and Patrick R.H. Waller. Click here for more information.
Super Lawyers and Rising Stars:
- Massachusetts: Eighteen Wolf Greenfield attorneys have been named to the 2020 Massachusetts Super Lawyers list, and another 18 have been named 2020 Massachusetts Rising Stars by Super Lawyers. Members of every practice group at the firm were represented. Click here to view the full list.
- New York: Four Wolf Greenfield attorneys have been named to the 2020 New York Super Lawyers list, and one has been named a 2020 New York Rising Star. Click here to view the full list.
World Trademark Review (WTR) Global Leaders: Douglas R. Wolf and John L. Welch were recognized as global leaders in private practice in WTR Global Leaders 2021. Now in its third year, Doug and John have been recognized in all three editions of WTR Global Leaders. Click here for more information.
Vault: Wolf Greenfield was named among the top 25 Best Midsize Law Firms to Work For in the 2021 Vault Law Firm Rankings. The firm was also recognized as the sixth Best Intellectual Property Boutique, one of the top 25 Most Selective Midsize Law Firms, and one of the Top 150 Under 150. Click here for more information.