Adam Wichman represents clients in post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board at the USPTO. Before joining Wolf Greenfield, his practice focused primarily on patent and complex civil litigation, involving a wide range of technical subject matter including integrated circuits, power electronics, semiconductor fabrication, consumer electronics, software, signal processing, nuclear power systems, medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
Adam’s engineering work has been an interdisciplinary mix of integrated microwave photonics, optics, communication theory, RF, solid-state physics, and signal processing. Before joining Wolf Greenfield, Adam was a member of the technical staff at Draper Laboratory and MIT Lincoln Laboratory. His research and development efforts include designing integrated photonic components and systems for true-time delay in millimeter wave phased-array communication systems, integrated flat optical imaging applications, and photonic quantum gate arrays; optical communication systems; RF system linearization and nonlinear system identification; and carrier transport for infrared detectors in III-V and II-VI materials. His doctoral research with Professor Larry Larson at Brown University developed novel spread-spectrum methods for Volterra kernel identification in weakly nonlinear systems.
Following law school, Adam clerked for the Honorable Arthur J. Gajarsa on the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the Honorable Stephen V. Wilson on the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Representative litigations (with represented party bolded):
- iHance, Inc. v. Eloqua Ltd., No. 2:11-cv-00257-MSD-FBS (E.D. Va.).
- Implicit Networks, Inc. v. Citrix Sys., Inc., No. 3:10-cv-03766-SI (N.D. Cal.).
- Research Corp. Techs. v. Microsoft Corp., No. 4:01-cv-00658-RCJ (D. Az.).
- Enpat, Inc. v. General Electric Co., No. 6:08-cv-01895-GAP-KRS (M.D. Fla.).
- Microsoft Corp. v. Webxchange, Inc., No. 3:08-cv-05149-WHA (N.D. Cal.).
- CRS LLC v. Valve Corp., No. 2:08-cv-00361-RAJ (W.D. Wash.).
- F&G Research Inc. v. Microsoft Corp., No. 2:07-cv-00542-RSM (W.D. Wash.).
- Wacom Co. Ltd. v. Hanvon Corp., No. 3:06-cv-05701-RJB (W.D. Wash.).
- Veritas Operating Corp. v. Microsoft Corp., No. 2:06-cv-00703-JCC (W.D. Wash.).
- Aristocrat Techs. v. Int’l Game Tech. and IGT, No. 5:06-cv-03717-RMW (N.D. Cal.).
- In re Rambus, Inc., No. 9302 (F.T.C.).